5 Reasons Why Wifeology 2018 Was EPIC
Where can upper-level professionals gather and let their hair down while ultimately feeling like more than a business title? Where can these women go and not have to answer to the term “honey or mommy” and find a common ground? Wifeology!
That special place was the inaugural Wifeology: Retreat for Working Wives, on June 22-24, 2018 at the Historic Tutwiler Hotel in the heart of Birmingham, Alabama. I can silently hear your thoughts, “is this event even necessary?” I boldly say, as the Chief Wifeologist and say yes it necessary; especially when you’re a working wife and your job never ends. You are trying to effectively climb the corporate ladder (by day) and keeping a happy home (by night) this is a daunting task.
Wifeology was conceived because working women continue to commit to taking care of everyone except for themselves. This concept has led to generations of unnecessarily tired wives.
Here are five few reasons why Wifeology 2018 was so much fun:
- The space had a “no judgment zone” for working wives. Often times working wives find there is no place they can go that allows full transparency. You know without getting a side eye or feeling like the old Rockwell song- “I always feel like somebody’s watching me!” However, we eliminated these notions by addressing our negative mindset. We have to be our best mentally before we can be an asset to anyone else.
- Working Wives have fun too! Throughout the weekend there was a full list of conversations and tweetable moments. We started #wifeology2018 with an awesome meet and greet where we participated in Paint With a Twist while @DJDoctorCodeblue was spinning on the ones and twos. (Check her out, she is a DJ as well as an Emergency Physician. On Saturday we had Niya from @PYT come and teach us some moves. Who said being a working wife had to be dull!
- Doctor Kre’s super friends showed out. Saturday was full of experts (that also just so happen to be working wives) and shared a wealth of valuable knowledge. There were topics like how to age well and live beautifully by @DrMiaCowanMD. @DrLakeishaOBGYN brought the heat when she discussed intimacy and how to keep it going no matter your age. @DrLeesha gave some awesome pointers on how to ditch the mommy guilt and self-care tips. While KimberlyWest @kwest1908 served as the Style and Fashion Expert talking about corporate fashion and ways to step our game up in the boardroom.
- Mimosas and Mindsets was another awesome event for Working Wives. Also, on that particular Sunday, we closed out the retreat with a beautiful brunch. We were graced with a timely word from @DrLatoyaWilliams who is a psychotherapist and pastor general herself. Then, Sunday she was there to share the unadulterated truth on how to be a strong, confident working wife and how to OWN it in every sense of the word. It was the perfect ending to an already awesome weekend. Oh, and the mimosas and cheese grits were amazing!
- We left #wifeology2018 with a new tribe of working wife friends. Finally, by the end of the weekend everyone exchanged information, Facebook names, Instagram handles and actively making plans to come back to Birmingham for the Wifeology 2019 event. The weekend was full of warmth, wisdom, and provided a wealth of knowledge. Husbands’ were happy to see us return home; beaming with joy from all that we learned at the conference and we felt refreshed.
Don’t miss it next year!
Women throughout the United States attended the Working Wife Retreat 2018. Seven states were represented during the weekend. From as far North as Illinois and Michigan. From as far East as Virginia. The deep south of Texas/ Louisiana were represented. We would love for you to attend the Wifeology 2019 event! Husbands feel free to send your tired working wives as well. I promise that their lives and perspective will never be the same.